Thread poster: Stanislav Pokorny

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:39
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 18, 2008

Dear all,
I'd like to try the VLTM feature I will probably need for a huge multilingual project. But when I try to set up the VLTM, I always get the following error message: "WordFast is not installed properly".
I have full (registered) version of WF 5 and keep in mind that the Workgroup ID must have 10 characters.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
The automatic installation Mar 18, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

I have full (registered) version of WF 5 and keep in mind that the Workgroup ID must have 10 characters.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Thank you.

Ahoj Stando,

download a new version of WF (it is free) and do automatic installation, look at:

http://www.condak.net/win-word/install2/cs/00.html

Milan

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the problem Mar 18, 2008

Hi Milan,
thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. I do have the latest version, i. e. 5.52, installed through CTRL+ALT+W.
BTW, I'm working under WinXP SP2 Home and Word 2003.

Any other suggestions? Reinstalling Wordfast by removing the document template and pressing CTRL+ALT+W?

[Upraveno: 2008-03-18 19:25]

David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
See if WfRelay.dll is installed Mar 22, 2008

Stanislav, perhaps WfRelay.dll file did not get installed properly for some reason. This file is only needed for VLTM functionality. When you install Wordfast automatically (as per the instructions in WfReadMe text file, which is part of the download), WfRelay.dll should be saved in the folder where MS Word (winword.exe) resides. Now, if this part of the auto-install process fails for some reason, Wordfast will run fine, except for the VLTM feature. The solution is to save (drag and drop) WfRelay.dll in the folder where winword.exe is located. To find this location, you can search your hard drive for "winword.exe". [By the way, all the above is useful for Windows users only. The VLTM functionality is not currently available for Mac users.]

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try that Mar 22, 2008

Hi David,
thank you very much indeed, you've been very helpful. I already received a private message by Milan couple of days ago who mentioned the same solution to my problem.
I'll try that and will definitely let you know about the results.

Once again, thanks a million!

[Upraveno: 2008-03-22 13:40]

Brin Wilson
Japan
Local time: 03:39
Japanese to English
Where can I get the WfRelay.dll file from Jan 8, 2010

I have the same problem.

Does anybody know where can I get the WfRelay.dll file from if it didn't install on my computer?

Brin

transmixer  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
Download on the official website Jan 17, 2011

Brin Wilson wrote:

I have the same problem.

Does anybody know where can I get the WfRelay.dll file from if it didn't install on my computer?

Brin

Just download the full version Wordfast Classic, and the WfRelay.dll file should be included inside the zip package.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VLTM Error message: WordFast is not installed properly

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search