Seeking a position in Linguistic Field, Teaching, Testing, and Course development And Test development, Translator and Interpreter, Media related Broadcasting and International Affairs, National Security, Diplomatic or Public Diplomacy to utilize my extensive education, training and experience.
Experience in Linguistic field and International Radio Broadcasting
• Over seven years of experience in linguistic field form teaching and testing to course development, translation, Interpretation and broadcasting.
• Currently working as Senior Training Specialist for STG Inc. Training US government employees for various departments and agencies. Developed Basic, Intermediate and advance Dari courses for US government employees.
• Worked as an International Broadcaster in US Information Agency Broadcasting Board of Governors, Voice Of America Dari Service from October 7-2003 until December 15 2004 and provided the following services:
• Translation and/or adaptation of Radio scripts including News item, reports, feature stories, backgrounds, editorials and compilation of press round-ups; reporting on events and conducting interviews of interest to target area; voicing the broadcast materials, prerecorded or live; MC and production of the air-shows and call-in-shows ( Talk Shows).
• Worked as a Senior Dari Language Instructor and Tester in “Defense Language Institute, in Presidio of Monterey, CA.”
• Member of mobile training team, teaching Middle East and Afghanistan Orientation Course to US Army personal.
• Dari Language Instructor in “Inlingua Language Service Center, Arlington, VA.”
• Developed Dari Reading Comprehension Test in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, February 2002
• Developed Dari Listening Comprehension test in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, Nov.-Dec. 2001.
• Oral Proficiency Interview(OPI) Seminar - Defense Language Institute Washington DC, October 2001
• Administered the Dari Oral Proficiency Interview, Listening Comprehension and Reading Comprehension tests to US military graduating personnel, DLI Washington D.C. and DLI Monterey and Military personnel in the field.
• Course Development in Dari Language, Operation Enduring Freedom, Presidio Monterey, CA
• Translation for Afghanistan refugees in Pakistan. Translated Farsi / Dari
and Pashto into Urdu.
• I have 28 credit hours in Statecraft and National Security from Boston University-IWP (The Institute of World Politics), and looking forward to complete it and earn a masters degree.
• Bachelor of Arts in International Law and Public Administration; Department of Law and International Studies; Kabul University; Kabul, Afghanistan.
• Presently working to obtain a Master’s Degree in International Relations and National Security at the Institute of World Politics; Boston University; Washington D.C.
• Successfully Completed the Classroom Assessment Workshop (LIMA-2150) in September 2007.
• Successfully completed the Instructor Certification Course (ICC) and obtained a certificate in foreign language teaching in Defense Language Institute in November 14- 2002.
• Successfully completed OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) Seminar in October 2001 in DLI (Defense Language Institute) Washington DC.
• Fluent in Dari, Pashto, Farsi, Urdu and English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word Document, Power Point, Smart Board and Smart notebook, Cool Edit Pro sound wave recording, edit and transformation, sound wave, C.D Creation, C.D. Burning and C.D. Copying, Global Writer, Dalet sound wave recording and edit, Audacity sound wave recording and transformation and Internet Explorer.
• Internship to the Foreign Ministry of Afghanistan; Kabul, Afghanistan. Assigned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Interior. Focused on International agreements, diplomatic communications, media relations, formation and control of local governmental bodies. Studied, with personnel, in bureaus of foreign relations with USSR, USA, NATO, Eastern Europe and Asia.
• Cross-cultural experience acquired through living in Afghanistan, Pakistan and the United States of America, member of Asia Society and member of Federation of American Scientists.
Keywords: I provide interpreting and translating for airport, Local Government, Housing, Social welfare, education, employment, Hospitals, surgeries, Mental health units), Networks and TV services.