English to Hindi (ATA) English to Hindi (ATA) English to Hindi (US State Department) English to Hindi (New York State Courts) English to Bengali (New York State Courts)
English to Bengali (ATA) Hindi to English (National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators) Hindi to English (National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators) Bengali to English (NYS Certified)
A highly talented interpreter with over 20 years of experience in the New York Court system; providing an essential public service, giving assistance to non-English speaking people. Have a wide experience in performing a variety of language interpretation activities, both simultaneous and consecutive for the courts, hospitals and for conferences.
Summary of qualifications
• More than twenty years of court interpretation experience.
• General erudition and intimate familiarity of both cultures.
• Extensive vocabulary in both languages.
• Profound ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely in both languages.
• Excellent note taking technique for consecutive interpreting.
• Several years of simultaneous interpreting.
New York Criminal Court, Manhattan, NY
2001 - Present
• Interpreted from English into Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, & Punjabi and vice versa using simultaneous and consecutive modes at court proceedings.
• Research and understand legal terminology used in court and functions of the court.
• Have passed the Administrative Office Certification examination held by the office of New York State of Court Administration.
Free lance Experience
1994 - Present
• US Attorney’s Office, Manhattan.
• District Attorney’s Office in New York.
• Legal Aid Society; all boroughs of New York City.
• Depositions through reputed private interpreting agencies.
• Conferences and seminars held by Department of Education, New York City.
• Workers Compensation.
• Medical Interviews and interpretation in hospitals.
• Over the phone interpretation.
Education and Training
Graduate of Institute of Hotel Management, Catering technology and Applied Nutrition from Kolkata, India
Have attended several workshops and training sessions on interpretational techniques, ethics and legal and medical terminologies.
Member of NAJIT and ATA
Keywords: Hindi, Urdu, Bengali & Punjabi language expert Interpreter, legal, medical computers, technology, translators and transcribing