Experienced public service interpreter and translator in law, especially criminal justice. Law graduate with knowledge of civil and criminal procedure. Translation experience includes:
• Translating evidence in the case of a long distance lorry driver accused of holding stowaways in the empty container of his cistern. Also acted as interpreter between solicitor, counsel and client in the same case.
• Translating disclosure bundle in a three-handed drug smuggling case where a Romanian man was accused of helping to repeatedly traffic quantities of cocaine into the UK. Also acted as interpreter between solicitor and client in conference.
• Translating press articles and witness statements relating to a case in the Romanian courts concerning a VAT fraud worth over €10million committed by corrupt government officials.
• Translating hospital records of a man suffering discharged following treatment for a cerebrovascular accident
• Transcribing covertly recorded evidence in child custody proceedings
• Translating witness statements in family and road traffic accident cases from Romanian into English and vice versa.
• Translating diary extracts of a witness describing the extended course of harassment and threats against her family back in Romania.
• Contributed to a European Union-funded project to translate sections of the Romanian criminal code from Romanian into English