14:07 Dec 12, 2010
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

Danish to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / railway tracklaying
Danish term or phrase: nokatenerør
My text is an invitation to tender, where the Contractor will later be taking up existing tracks and re-laying them after the site has been reconstructed and rebuilt.

They are normal tracks for transporting heavy goods and possibly some passengers.

Entreprenøren skal levere alle kabler / ledninger, kabeldåser inkl. beslag for nokatenerør, skinnekonnekteringer, samt skinnetilledning, nokatenrør, konnekteringsbolte, gummityller og pakkegler

The only reference I can find anywhere to nokatenerør is in BaneDanmark's GAB (Spor).

I wonder if they are some kind of cable duct, but if anyone can tell me precisely, and what they are called in English, I will be enormously grateful!
Christine Andersen
Local time: 10:27

Summary of reference entries provided

Discussion entries: 4


Reference comments

22 hrs
Reference: nokatenerør

Reference information:
It might be best to give Pia Seemholt in Banedanmark a ring and just ask her whether nokatenerør refers to cable duct. Her direct phone number is 82347322 according to the information below:

Materialenummer 224465000
Beskrivelse LEDNINGER I ***NOKATENERØR*** PÅ BETONSVELLE S 89 EN 244.65 R 7552 REV *
varegruppe 22 Elek. Konstr./kabler
basismængdeenhed STK
indkøber Pia Seemholt
telefonnr. 82347322


Søg i Banedanmarks varekatalog
Beskrivelse, LEDNINGER I NOKATENERØR PÅ BETONSVELLE S 89 EN 244.65 R 7552 ... -

Amerika Plads 15
2100 København Ø

Telefon: 8234 0000
Fax: 8234 4572

Note added at 5 days (2010-12-18 12:57:30 GMT)

A colleague of ours in Denmark had this comment on your query:

Hi Andres!

I cannot find a translation for the term "nokatenerør" anywhere (is it spelled correctly?). The first part of the word is not a Danish root, but I cannot find it as a company name either.

But assuming you are on the right track, I would prefer "cable conduit" to "cable duct" (ducts tend to be short), so I would refer to "fittings for cable conduits" and "cable conduits" in the translation. Another possibility is "cable piping".

Hope that helps!

Best wishes
Lawrence White

Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 107
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search