11:13 Apr 29, 2006
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

Dutch to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.) / Vloerbedekking
Dutch term or phrase: plastificeermiddel-bestand
Dear friends:

I am translating the owner's manual of a fitted carpet. Under the tools someone has to have it says: "een rol dubbelzijdige kleefband aangepast voor gebruik voor woonvinyl (plastificeermiddel-bestand)"
Just this last word.
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Local time: 14:01

Summary of answers provided
3 +1plasticizer
Mark Shimmin



40 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +1

Could also use the term plasticizing agent. This spelling looks American to me but is commonly used. Google this and you will get a full description. Hope it is of use.

Mark Shimmin
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:01
Native speaker of: English

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Jack den Haan: plasticizer-resistant ;-)
21 hrs
  -> Thanks Jack, yours is the right answer.
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search