08:05 Jun 9, 2014
Dutch to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Printing & Publishing / in-mould labelling
Dutch term or phrase: stanscontour
In a publicity letter about a printing company specializing in in-mould label printing, the following:

Door een offerteformulier op onze site in te vullen en deze te voorzien van een stanscontour kunnen wij u snel voorzien van een passende offerte.

I've searched high and low but cannot find the English term for this. Suggestions?
Andrew Howitt
Local time: 17:47

Summary of answers provided
4 +1punch outline / punching die outline
Alexander Schleber

Discussion entries: 8



16 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
punch outline / punching die outline

"stans" is punch or punching die

Alexander Schleber
Local time: 17:47
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 4

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Michael Beijer: I’d probably go with ‘punch outline’.
12 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search