rolling seal/seat

14:17 Nov 8, 2013
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to French translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Agriculture
English term or phrase: rolling seal/seat
In two separate images for an agriculture irrigation system, I have ***rolling seat*** and ***rolling seal*** but they point to the same mysterious component, so which is the typo and what is this component called please?
Solen Fillatre
Local time: 09:19

Summary of answers provided
3boccola di tenuta
3membrane déroulante
florence metzger



14 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
membrane déroulante

une suggestion...

cf vanne Singer

florence metzger
Local time: 09:19
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 31
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

1 day 2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
boccola di tenuta

if this is a component with two outlets/inlets then this is a rolling seal, and this should correspond to the above
The other should be a typo, if it shows really the same product and not the seal seat

Local time: 09:19
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 6

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  GILOU: eng>fr
1 day 1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search