strip of louvers

French translation: une série de lames

English term or phrase:strip of louvers
French translation:une série de lames
Entered by: ViktoriaG

02:54 Apr 29, 2005
English to French translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / roofing
English term or phrase: strip of louvers
"You may have seen advertisements for a supposedly clog-proof gutter, basically a strip of louvers."

In fact, no, I did not see these advertisements. Can you tell me what these are and what they're called in French?
Local time: 13:13
une série de lamelles
Louver = louvre = persienne = grille d'aération (parfois)

Selected response from:

Pierre Renault
Local time: 13:13
Grading comment
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Summary of answers provided
4 +1bande de grillage
Didier Fourcot
5une série de lamelles
Pierre Renault

Discussion entries: 1



14 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
une série de lamelles

Louver = louvre = persienne = grille d'aération (parfois)

Pierre Renault
Local time: 13:13
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 32
Grading comment
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

5 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +1
bande de grillage

Vendu couramment par les magasins de bricolage et les camions d'outillage en France, bandes de grillage en plastique qui se posent sur l'ouverture de la gouttière pour empêcher l'entrée des feuilles ou mousses
Vendu par exemple sous le nom "protège-gouttière" chez Castorama:

Note added at 3 days 5 hrs 49 mins (2005-05-02 08:43:23 GMT)

S\'il ne s\'agit pas de protège-gouttière, serait-ce un chéneau tiré à la demande, comme le faisaient les artisans il y a quelques décennies avec des gabarits qui permettaient de fabriquer sur place le profil voulu?
qui présente aussi sous le nom de \"Leaf relief\" un protège-gouttières en aluminium (mais les gouttières en alu sont très rares en France, où dominent le zinc, le plastique et très minoritairement le cuivre).

D\'après la discussion:
ce que vous cherchez pourrait être le \"RainHandler\":

qui ressemble effectivement à une sorte de persienne; jamais vu en France, RainHandler est une marque déposée, donc pas facile de dire comment on pourrait l\'appeler

Didier Fourcot
Local time: 19:13
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 87

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Robert Frankling
2 hrs
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search