rook-faced, broached, sawn or rubbed finish

00:43 Oct 27, 2005
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to French translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering
English term or phrase: rook-faced, broached, sawn or rubbed finish
Quelqu'un connaît ces techniques? Il s'agit de travaux sur des pierres naturelles.

...reproduced to match en original historic finish or condition (e.g, rook-faced, broached, sawn or rubbed finish)...
Lou-Ann Dubé
Local time: 14:43

Summary of answers provided



4 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

je n'ai pas tout trouvé mais le site ci-dessous pourrait être utile.
broached finish = – La taille brochée des pierres correspond à des «longs sillons parallèles séparés par des bandes en relief de cassures d'éclatement très grossières
rubbed finish = fini poncé ou adouci
Bonne chance

Local time: 20:43
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 15
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search