14:21 Dec 20, 2010
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to French translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Mechanics / Mech Engineering / curfew
English term or phrase: curfew
Dans le domaine de la gestion des machines à distance, qu'appelle-t-on le CURFEW ? le texte parle de "curfew monitoring" ? Vous avez une traduction pour ce terme ? Merci.
Nathalie Ohana
United States
Local time: 02:11

Summary of answers provided
Tony M

Discussion entries: 1



4 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 1/5Answerer confidence 1/5

I don't see why the literal term isn't usable, given that the meaning is perfectly literal in EN: a time when the machines are not supposed to be running; for example, if someone sneaks back into their factory at night to do a bit of home work on the machines there, they will get caught!

Tony M
Local time: 08:11
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 503
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search