A Key

12:59 Feb 10, 2000
English to French translations [PRO]
English term or phrase: A Key
In basketball
The area of the free throw lane and circle

Summary of answers provided
naTete de raquette
Jodi Marchal



1 day 17 hrs
Tete de raquette

The official site for the NBA does not list "key" in the glossary. If you mean the half-moon space behind the free-thrower, this is the tete de raquette. If it is the space including this half-moon and extending to the basket, this is the raquette. I hope this helps!

    Reference: http://www.nba.com/Basics/00422966.html
Jodi Marchal
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search