Highers; Certificate of Sixth Year Studies

14:53 Sep 14, 2011
English to German translations [Non-PRO]
Social Sciences - Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs / Secondary school diplomas
English term or phrase: Highers; Certificate of Sixth Year Studies
I'm looking for the German translations/equivalents for "Highers" and "Certificate of Sixth Year Studies". In the Scottish education system, you sat your Highers in 5th year at the age of 17 and then your Certificate of Sixth Year Studies in 6th year at the age of 18 before going to university.
Anyone got any idea ?
Jacqueline McKay
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:29

Summary of answers provided
Theodore Goumas

Discussion entries: 4



2 days 23 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
highers; certificate of sixth year studies

"certificate of sixth year studies" ist so etwas wie das Deutsche Abitur oder die Österreichische Matura oder die Englischen A-Levels, sprich Hochschulreifezeugnis.

"highers" ist eine Stufe darunter. Mehr Info unter beigefügtem Wiki-link.

    Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_%28Scottish%29
Theodore Goumas
Local time: 20:29
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in GreekGreek
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search