11:50 Sep 1, 2011
English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Electronics / Elect Eng / LOTO procedures (Lockout/Tagout)
English term or phrase: forceps

Es geht um einen Text über LOTO (=Verriegelung & Kennzeichnung) von el. Anlagen.

Ich habe nicht viel Text, aber in der Tabelle steht Folgendes:

Energy source(s): Hazardous gases
Where To LOTO: Pneumatic line from final valve
What LOTO Device To USE: Remove and **forceps** hoses, locking **forceps** in small round valve lock out devices
How To Test: Flow gas from gas panel screen(s) until all MFCs read 0

Das ist leider der ganze Kontext. Ich kann mir zwar vorstellen, dass mit "forceps" "abklemmen" bzw. die "Klemme" o. ä. gemeint ist, doch warum sagen sie nicht "clamp" etc.? Forceps habe ich in dem Kontext leider nicht gefunden...

Danke im Voraus für die Hilfe!
Markus Hoedl
Local time: 22:02

Discussion entries: 2


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search