16:22 Nov 6, 2013
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Other

English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Engineering (general) / Röntgenstrahlen
English term or phrase: undercut
Es geht um Testfragen, die sich auf Gamma- und Röntgenstrahlung beziehen.

"Undercut is the loss of resolution at a sharp, thickness transition area due to:
Scattering within the part
Scattering within the film"

Hilfreiche Quelle zu Undercut: http://www.ndt-ed.org/EducationResources/CommunityCollege/Ra...
Another condition that must often be controlled when producing a radiograph is called undercut. Parts with holes, hollow areas, or abrupt thickness changes are likely to suffer from undercut if controls are not put in place. Undercut appears as a darkening of the radiograph in the area of the thickness transition."

Undercut verstehe ich grundsätzlich als Unterschnitt oder Hinterschneidung. Hier sieht es mir aber nach Unebenheiten aus (Ernst kennt undercut auch als Furchen) bzw. können diese von "undercut" betroffen sein, der dunkle Stellen in Dickenübergangsbereichen auf Röntgenaufnahmen zur Folge hat. Bei Recherchen mit diesen möglichen deutschen Ausdrücken komme ich bislang nicht recht weiter... hat jemand einen Vorschlag?
Local time: 01:43

Discussion entries: 3


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search