18:37 Dec 9, 2015
English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Patents / tool coupling systems
English term or phrase: engage
The engagement member (112) is configured to **engage** a torque implement (not shown) to rotate the cam bolt (100) about the longitudinal axis (A-A).

The engagement member is configured to** engage ** a torque implement to rotate the cam bolt about the longitudinal axis when torque is applied by the torque implement.

At least one of the first cam surface and the second cam surface is configured to **engage** at least one of a drawbar and a follower in a clamping and/or unclamping operation.

I am having trouble coming up with the correct translation for **engage* in this patent. All the translations out of my dictionaries (einrasten, eingreifen, ineinandergreifen, einkuppeln ...) don't seem to fit here. Kudoz didn't yield the right translation either.

Does "engage" here mean "having contact with"

I can't offer a link, since it is an unpublished patent.

The engagement member is a hexagonal recess at the end of the cam bolt.
Heike Holthaus
United States
Local time: 05:40

Summary of answers provided
Vittorio Ferretti

Discussion entries: 4



2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5

this might fit

Vittorio Ferretti
Local time: 11:40
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search