two more metalworking questions

23:02 Jan 30, 2002
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering / Metalworking
English term or phrase: two more metalworking questions
I am looking for "pattern-layered" and "shaped section". The terms appear as follows:

Wire on former - annealed, 2.0 - 4.0 mm diameter, pattern-layered. (Could this be a Prägung?)

Shaped section - available in coil for selected alloys and sizes. (Could this be Profilformstahl?)

Kristina M (X)
Local time: 16:14

Summary of answers provided
4Muster-/Schablonenschicht; geformtes Profil
Daruma (X)



7 days   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
Muster-/Schablonenschicht; geformtes Profil

hope it will help

Daruma (X)
Local time: 22:14
PRO pts in pair: 8
Grading comment
This apparently refers to how wire is wound on the former
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)
The asker has declined this answer
Comment: This apparently refers to how wire is wound on the former

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search