Skimming line and pressing-down line

23:09 Oct 15, 2018
English to Russian translations [Non-PRO]
Art/Literary - Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting / Chinese Calligraphy
English term or phrase: Skimming line and pressing-down line
It's from a song about how to write Chinese characters, but I can't find these terms in Russian. The song was possibly translated from Chinese, so I don't know if the English terminology is correct.
United States
Local time: 01:56

Summary of answers provided
4(писать) без нажима и с нажимом
Ella Gokhmark



9 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
skimming line and pressing-down line
(писать) без нажима и с нажимом

"писать с нажимом" is an established term and most likely suits to writing Chinese characters; "писать без нажима" I have less confidence in this one but may still work

нажим - ослабление - The reference below has these terms in it, which may also help

Ella Gokhmark
Local time: 18:56
Native speaker of: Native in RussianRussian, Native in EnglishEnglish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search