12:27 Sep 23, 2018
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / Barge
English term or phrase: Barge
Protruding barge

Barge rafter B.

Barge rafter C.

Barge rafter of

Out riggers support the barge rater and sheathing at
Jorge Herran
Local time: 17:41

Summary of answers provided
4cabio volante
María Victoria Ferrer
Summary of reference entries provided
barge rafter
David Hollywood



32 days   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
barge rafter
cabio volante


m. Listón que se atraviesa a las vigas para formar suelos y techos:
cabios descubiertos.

Madero sobre el que se asientan los listones del suelo.

Travesaño superior o inferior del marco de las puertas o ventanas:
los cabios fueron lo último en ceder.

Si consideramos que "barge rafter" es un sinónimo de "fly rafter" la alternativa cabio volante es correcta.

Example sentence(s):
  • Los cabios fueron lo último en ceder

María Victoria Ferrer
Local time: 19:41
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in category: 12
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Reference comments

6 mins
Reference: barge rafter

Reference information:
The fascia board on the Gable end of a home is called a “barge rafter”. Often these rafters extend past the eaves to create a place to hide the end of the gutter or as a decorative element. It is important that the top edge be properly flashed with either roofing materials or a metal flashing to prevent decay/rot in the ends of the rafter. This first picture shows good examples of nicely capped barge rafters (foreground and background).

Note added at 7 mins (2018-09-23 12:35:24 GMT)

Note added at 9 mins (2018-09-23 12:36:40 GMT)

not one of my fields but this might help

Note added at 11 mins (2018-09-23 12:39:12 GMT)

y voila:

Note added at 13 mins (2018-09-23 12:41:01 GMT)

cabio volante

David Hollywood
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 52

Peer comments on this reference comment (and responses from the reference poster)
disagree  Ana Perez Coelho: Sorry, but what is "cabio volante"? "rafter" into spanish is "viga". I don´'t understand what it means "cabio volante". Regards,
3 days 3 hrs
agree  Taña Dalglish: Disagree with Ana. An alternative is "cabrio volante". Here is another: & I also think is a credible link. The term should be "barge rafter" not just "barge".
10 days
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search