16:04 May 24, 2018
English to Spanish translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Printing & Publishing / Impresión de billetes
English term or phrase: lens-to-print
Estimados: en una patente sobre la impresión de elementos de seguridad en billetes, encuentro este adjetivo. He aquí un ejemplo:

"In a banknote manufactured in this way, an amount of lens-to-print skew is typically introduced. Because banknote sheets are very thin, the lenticular lenses that are used must be very small, which in turn results in any lens-to-print skew introduced during manufacture being far more critical than would be the case in conventional lenticular sheet-fed printing".

Entiendo que skew es una desviación del ángulo en el que se mira el billete para ver un cambio en la imagen impresa, pero no me doy cuenta (ni encuentro) la definición de lens-to-print.

Desde ya, muchas gracias.
Gabriel Arena
Local time: 19:01


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search