Clevis Eyes

23:12 Feb 28, 2001
English to Spanish translations [Non-PRO]
English term or phrase: Clevis Eyes
I have no idea what this may be. The subject matter is powerful cylinders used to move large portions of bridges during their assembly, also in naval construction, etc. I am stumped with the expression "Clevis Eyes" within this context. Could it be a brand name? Can anyone help me please?? Thanks!!!
Ignacio Luque

Summary of answers provided
nachumacera con ojales
Oso (X)
nahorquilla con ojillo



55 mins
horquilla con ojillo

No ofrece explicación.

United States
Local time: 06:46
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

3 days 1 hr
chumacera con ojales

En México se le llama chumacera a la parte que le da soporte a los baleros o pivotes que forman un mecanismo transportador. En este caso la chumacera tiene dos ojales por los que entra el cilindro del que usted habla en su contexto. La palabra Clevis significa textualmente pieza de metal en forma de letra U con dos agujeros u ojales en cada extremo a través de los cuales pasa un cilindro.

[From clevi, possibly of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse klofi, cleft.]

Saludos afectuosos de OSO :^)

Oso (X)
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
PRO pts in pair: 9863
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.

KudoZ™ translation help

The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Your current localization setting


Select a language

Term search
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search