English translation: main points to be remembered (taken away) from the meeting
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
03:21 Feb 16, 2005
English to English translations [PRO] Bus/Financial - Other
English term or phrase:Focus Take-Aways
What does "Focus Take-Aways" mean? In this context, it is the header for these bullet points. Thanks.
• Strategic stories are almost unbelievably powerful.
• The best stories generate understanding, loyalty and action — in a word, buy-in.
• No leader can lead without followers. These days, the followers have to be committed volunteers.
• Begin to develop your strategic story by defining your objective. What do you want
people to do?
• Give your audience a picture of the positive future that will result if they follow
• Break your story into three chapters, each of which addresses an important
concern for your audience. Put the focus on your audience’s needs, not your own.
• Always provide evidence and examples to support each chapter.
• When you finish your story, explicitly ask for commitment, loyalty, cooperation and
action from your audience.
• Great stories make great leaders — consider Ronald Reagan and Jack Welch.
• Strategic stories are the language of leadership, and practice makes for fluency.