Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
09:11 Nov 22, 2013
English to Chinese translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - IT (Information Technology) / Windows 8
Explanation: tick·et (tkt)
a. A paper slip or card indicating that its holder has paid for or is entitled to a specified service, right, or consideration: a theater ticket; an airline ticket.
b. An e-ticket.
2. A certifying document, especially a captain's or pilot's license.
3. An identifying or descriptive tag attached to merchandise; a label.
4. A list of candidates proposed or endorsed by a political party; a slate.
5. A legal summons, especially for a traffic violation.
6. The proper or desirable thing: A change of scene would be just the ticket for us.
7. Informal A means to an end: "He went to Washington ... to become press secretary ... it was his ticket out of the Delta" (Nicholas Lamann).
pkchan United States Local time: 06:18 Native speaker of: Chinese PRO pts in category: 172