Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
20:08 Feb 17, 2009
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer
English to Croatian translations [PRO] Other
English term or phrase:Law and Democratic Services
Opet mi se javlja isti problem. Nemam kontektsa, osim registration and voting.
Law and Democratic Services
•Registrations of births, marriages (civil partnerships) & deaths
Tajchi Croatia Local time: 01:34 Native speaker of: Croatian
1 hr confidence:
law and democratic services
pravna država i demokratski procesi
Explanation: ne znam, potpora funkcioniranju pravne države...promicanje pravne države i demokratskih procesa... za inspiraciju:)
-------------------------------------------------- Note added at 17 hrs (2009-02-18 13:57:43 GMT) --------------------------------------------------
LAW AND DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
LAW AND DEMOCRATIC SERVICES
SCOPE OF THE SERVICE
Law and Democratic Services encompasses a range of statutory, corporate and support services.
Whilst these services might be viewed as discrete, there are numerous service links from which common service priorities can be identified. In particular there is significant contribution made to delivering and supporting the corporate governance of the authority which necessarily places law and democratic services close to the heart of the organisation.
Primary areas of responsibility are:-
Statutory function of Monitoring Officer to ensure the lawfulness and probity of Council actions and decisions;
Legal Services in respect of the provision of integrated legal advice and support;
Democratic, Town Hall and Civic Services in support of the Mayoral Office and all aspects relating to elected Members and associated formal decision making processes;
Specific Statutory Services relating to elections and electoral registration, Registrars of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Coroners, and Local Land Charges. http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8468F028-C67A-41B7-A7...
1. To provide efficient and effective support for the democratic process in North East Lincolnshire by ensuring legality, accountability and transparency of decisions, promoting high ethical standards and good governance.
2. To continuously improve and support the Council's corporate governance infrastructure.
3. To provide customers with high quality, cost effective and accessible legal, democratic, civic and statutory services.
4. To ensure the effective corporate implementation of new and emerging legislative requirements.
5. To promote active citizenship and ensure that all eligible electors are registered each year and thereby able to participate in the democratic process by exercising their right to vote.
6. To ensure the effective implementation of the Civil Registration Reforms in accordance with Government requirements.
7. To provide effective and efficient support to HM Coroner for the District and North and North East Lincolnshire.
bonafide1313 Croatia Local time: 01:34 Specializes in field Native speaker of: Croatian PRO pts in category: 76