KudoZ home » English to Dutch » Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting

center-pull bal


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
07:20 Sep 11, 2006
English to Dutch translations [PRO]
Art/Literary - Art, Arts & Crafts, Painting / crochet
English term or phrase: center-pull bal
Het is een bol wol: de haakdraad komt uit het midden.

Bestaat hier een Nederlandse term voor, of moet ik het omschrijven?
xxxAnneke Panel
Local time: 20:55

Summary of answers provided
3binnenafwikkelende bol
Hester Eymers

Discussion entries: 1



2 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
binnenafwikkelende bol

De term komt inderdaad vaak in het Engels voor, zoals Kate opmerkt. Maar ik vond toch ook deze Nederlandse vertaling. Het gaat weliswaar over een rol papier, en niet over wol, maar het is een acceptabele term, als je toch een vertaling wilt geven.

Note added at 5 hrs (2006-09-11 13:14:37 GMT)

De term is niet echt mooi, natuurlijk. Je kunt ook kiezen voor een omschrijving in de trant van 'van binnenuit afwikkelende bol'.

    Reference: http://www.weska.nl/webshop/enter.html?lang=nl&target=d33.ht...
Hester Eymers
Local time: 20:55
Native speaker of: Native in DutchDutch
PRO pts in category: 4
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)
The asker has declined this answer

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search