Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to French translations [Non-PRO]|
|English term or phrase: business rules|
|· Automatically routes digital documents without delay to each step in a business process, ensuring consistent application of business rules and minimization of cycle time|
Workflow can be integrated with any of the XXX solutions to drive efficiencies and profit improvement
Selected response from:
Local time: 13:02
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
La regle de l'enterprise / de la societe / de l'organisation / de ''autorite
The applications depends upon the exact setting.
My apologies for lack of accents!!!
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
règles commerciales (e-business)
What is a Business Rule?
Q. How do you define a 'business rule'?
- In our original paper, we defined 'business rule' from the conceptual, information system (I/S) perspective. We readily acknowledged this narrow focus, which was consciously chosen to let us develop consensus on a set of core concepts. At the same time, we identified a broader scope for future investigation. Our current work now focuses on one part of that broader scope ~ on the business perspective of business rules.
- From the I/S perspective, a business rule pertains to the facts of the system that are recorded as data and to the constraints on changes to the values of those facts. The business perspective of business rules involves the behavior of people in the business (human activity) system. Because these perspectives are distinct, we have a definition of 'business rule' for each of these perspectives.
- From the business perspective,
...a business rule is a directive, which is intended to influence or guide business behavior, in support of business policy that is formulated in response to an opportunity or threat.
- From the information system perspective,
...a business rule is a statement that defines or constrains some aspect of the business. It is intended to assert business structure, or to control or influence the behavior of the business.
Project overview of Business Rules for E-Commerce (BREC):
Started in 1997, this project grew out of the earlier Intelligent Agents project (1994-97) at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center.
In the BREC project, we are investigating rule-based business processes for e-commerce: both business-to-business (B2B), e.g., to integrate supply chains; and business-to-consumer (B2C).
Overall, our mission is to develop technology that is highly reusable and easy to integrate with a broad spectrum of networked applications. Towards this end, we prototype applications in tandem with developing reusable componentry. We also contribute to company-wide efforts in strategy and in common architecture, e.g., for inter-agent knowledge-level communication and inter-operability. Our reusable technology for business rules and rule-based intelligent agents is embodied as an extensible structured Java library, called CommonRules (formerly called DIPLOMAT; follow-on to RAISE and Agent Building Environment implemented in C++).
If this is more applicable, then you may find the French version out there …
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Microsoft Visio 2000 Enterprise Edition delivers powerful, automated tools for visualizing proposed or existing systems architecture, so you can streamline the design, documentation, and development of your IT systems. Rather than supporting one IT specialty in isolation, Enterprise Edition delivers critical tools for these IT domains.
· Network design and documentation
· Directory services import and diagramming
· Database design and re-engineering
· Database workgroup collaboration
· Business-rules-based database design
- Complete UML diagramming Forward and reverse engineering of code
Personalization: Using continually adjusted user profiles to match content or services to individuals. Personalization includes determining a user's interest based on his or her preferences or behavior, constructing business rules to select relevant content based on those preferences or behaviors, and presenting the content to the user in an integrated, cohesive format.
Personnalisation : utilisation de profils d'utilisateurs sans cesse adaptés afin d'apparier le contenu ou les services et les utilisateurs. Elle prévoit la détermination de l'intérêt d'un utilisateur d'après ses préférences ou son comportement, l'établissement de règles commerciales pour sélectionner le contenu pertinent en fonction des préférences ou du comportement, et la présentation du contenu à l'utilisateur sous une forme intégrée et cohérente.
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations