Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
12:40 Mar 6, 2018
English to French translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering - Electronics / Elect Eng
English term or phrase:bonding clip
Bonjour à toutes et à tous,
Il s'agit d'un test de continuité électrique.
Connect one lead of the tester or meter to bonding clip and the other to the vehicle chassis, bucket etc. Connections should be to clean unpainted metal.
Yes, your original question made it clear it was 'electrical continuity' — but what is important here is continuity between what and what? It makes all the difference in the world: is this is earth continuity, or continuity in some other situation, and your context is sufficiently ambiguus for that not to be clear; what kind of equipment is involved here? Is this bonding clip connected to something that is in its turn solidly connected to this vehicle chassis? Is this welding kit? is the clip intended normally to be connected (e.g. screwed up tight) — or is it literally some kind of 'clamp' that is clipped on on an ad hoc basis?
Your last mention seems to confirm it might be an earth bonding clip, as it mentions a continuity resistance of "less than 25 Ω" — although that's still quite high even for a low-voltage system.
Perhaps you can see now why it's not possible to give a definitive answer with any degree of confidence without knowing a lot more about the circumstances.
Voici les seules occurences du terme dans mon document
1. Completely unreel or unwind bonding cable checking for
frayed cable and damage to bonding clip.
2. Check for loose, broken, dirty and painted connections at fixed end and also at bonding clip.
3. Where bonding reels are used for stowage of cables, check for corrosion on spindles and clean where necessary.
1. Connect one lead of the tester or meter to bonding clip and
the other to the vehicle chassis, bucket etc. Connections should be to clean unpainted metal. Operate tester.
2. For cables mounted on reels, whilst tester is connected and operating rotate reel 3 or 4 revolutions, to check electrical contact of reel bearing (acceptable reading is less than 25Ω).