KudoZ home » English to French » Furniture / Household Appliances

"billowing balloon shades covering the windows"


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
16:05 Apr 22, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Other

English to French translations [Non-PRO]
Furniture / Household Appliances / Hotel room description
English term or phrase: "billowing balloon shades covering the windows"
Description d'une chambre d'hotel (USA) style "Belle Epoque"
Local time: 21:26

Summary of answers provided
4des stores bouillonnés qui habillent les fenêtres

Discussion entries: 3



1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
des stores bouillonnés qui habillent les fenêtres

Bon nombre de ghits. (Voir lien pour exemple)

Il me semble que le terme bouillonné est suffisamment imagé pour ne pas traduire billowing (gonflés par le vent)
Ou eventuellement:
des stores bouillonnés qui habillent gracieusement les fenêtres

    Reference: http://www.decofinder.com/df/FR/produits/1915/Store-Bouillon...
Local time: 21:26
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in FrenchFrench
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search