KudoZ home » English to French » Mechanics / Mech Engineering


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
11:12 Mar 28, 2007
English to French translations [PRO]
Law/Patents - Mechanics / Mech Engineering / tubular body (pipe)
English term or phrase: bluff-ended
"This design modification increases the thickness of the casing in the region of the overlap which might otherwise be only one layer thick if the strip was bluff-ended."
First question: is it bluff-ended or should it read buff-ended? ( i have no idea what both of them mean, but i'm just wondering if there's a spelling mistake somewhere...)
Second question: well, any sugestion how to translate this term?
thank you!
Florence Stubbs
Local time: 09:10

Summary of answers provided
4à extrémité plate



6 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
à extrémité plate

ou non profilée

United States
Local time: 03:10
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman, Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 240
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search