KudoZ home » English to French » Petroleum Eng/Sci

Hammer Union

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
11:14 Feb 5, 2009
English to French translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Petroleum Eng/Sci / plate-forme de forage/Drill
English term or phrase: Hammer Union

Voici la photographie de l'outil dont je ne trouve pas d'équilavent en français. Équivalent en espagnol
union de golpe
Local time: 10:02

Summary of answers provided
3raccord Union
florence metzger



44 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
hammer union
raccord Union

une sugestion..
Sur les navires, cela s'appelle raccord Union. Hammer vient du fait que le personnel des plate formes les serre à l'aide d'un marteau.

florence metzger
Local time: 10:02
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in FrenchFrench
PRO pts in category: 585

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  Tony M: Seems odd, as 'union' = 'raccord', while this omits the distinguishing 'hammer' part.
1706 days
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search