Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to French translations [PRO] Tech/Engineering / transport/packed goods
English term or phrase:sunken
The following general specifications apply:
· The floor (plus sides/roof when applicable) must be smooth and free of objects (e.g. protruding nails)
· The loading space must structurally be in sound condition (e.g. watertight - no holes)
· The floor construction must allow fork-lift trucks (total weight 6000 kg) to enter the loading space
· The floor must be of a material to prevent slip or trip hazards (incl. at door entrance)
· The floor must be sized to allow lateral stuffing of 4 drums (Ø=58,5 cm) without overlapping seams
· All equipment should be sealable and easy to lock tightly from ground level
· Sufficient (sunken) lashing points must be attached to the actual transport unit to enable proper
securing of cargo