KudoZ home » English to French » Tech/Engineering



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
09:06 Apr 15, 2001
English to French translations [Non-PRO]
English term or phrase: RUBBER EDGE SEALS
Filter Paper Changeover (dans une chaîne d'électrodéposition)


Draw the paper into the RUBBER EDGE SEALS.
Bernard for Daniel

Summary of answers provided
najoint d'étanchéité en caoutchoucConnie Leipholz



1 hr
joint d'étanchéité en caoutchouc

Bonjour à nouveau !

Seal = joint d'échantéité (Routledge)
rubber = caoutchouc (voc. général)
edge = bordure, rebord, bord (voc. gén. + traduction littérale)

Je l'impression que ce joint d'échantéité se trouve à une extrémité d'une certaine chose (edge pris au sens d'embout, d'extrémité). Mais je me demande s'il faut préciser ce détail en français. Je mettrais tout simplement "joint d'étanchéité en caoutchouc". En anglais, on énonce souvent ce qui va de soi en français.

Bonne chance dans vos travaux !

Connie Leipholz
Local time: 13:50
PRO pts in pair: 644
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search