KudoZ home » English to German » Automotive / Cars & Trucks


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English term or phrase:jerk
German translation:Ruck
Entered by: margarete
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

09:50 Mar 12, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere

English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Automotive / Cars & Trucks / steering
English term or phrase: jerk
In steering jargon, “jerk” is not meant as a derogatory word. It’s an engineering term for what happens at the beginning and end of a steering maneuver on an articulated vehicle.

Does anyone know the German equivalent???

I know "jerk" normally translates as "Ruck" or "Stoß", but I need to know the expert jargon.

United States
Local time: 01:13

Discussion entries: 1


Return to KudoZ list

Changes made by editors
Mar 12, 2008 - Changes made by margarete:
Created KOG entryKudoZ term » KOG term

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search