German translation: Tipps für den erfolgreichen Abschluss
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
15:36 Jun 19, 2017
English to German translations [PRO] Marketing - Business/Commerce (general)
English term or phrase:tie down
Kontext: PPT-Präsentation zum Thema Verkaufstechniken. Hier geht es darum, wie man einen Kunden (einen Einzelhändler der Getränkebranche) während einer Verkaufspräsentation zum Kauf bewegt. Wie würdet ihr hier "tie down" übersetzen?
Leading Questions: **Tie downs**
Get them saying little yeses during the presentation….
• The 10 pack would work best in your fridges, wouldn’t they?
• That satisfies your need for a step-up price point, doesn’t it?
• You want to trade customers up, don’t you?
• Wouldn’t it make sense to range the Aperol and Campari together?
• You’d want to take advantage of the buy period, wouldn’t you?
The ***"Tie Down"***
– Use a question at the end of a benefit statement to gain a positive response
– The more "little yeses" you get, the easier it is to get the big "Yes"
“Our extensive range gives you lots of choice, doesn’t it?”
“Wouldn’t it make sense to run the promotion in all your stores?"
Research shows that we should aim for at least 6 little yeses during a presentation to make the big yes most likely
Explanation: It is a bit related to "tie down" (anchor) .....in a way, the repetition of the little "yeses" then proceeds to further "yeses" and verankert the potential customer......just an option to consider....