KudoZ home » English to German » Mechanics / Mech Engineering


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
18:10 Dec 14, 2005
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Mechanics / Mech Engineering / cable puller
English term or phrase: handle
Bei besagtem "handle" handelt es sich um den sogenannten "handle of drive pawl", ein Teil eines Handseilzugs. "Drive pawl" habe ich mit Antriebsklinke übersetzt, aber wie übersetze ich in diesem Fall "handle"? Hebel, Nase, Griff? Die Zeichnung ist leider zu unscharf, um das Teil zu erkennen.

"Move lever to release position. This disengages *handle of drive pawl*. The cable may now be pulled out by hand by holding the stop pawl in a disengaged position with your thumb."

"Move lever to pull position. This engages *handle drive pawl* into cable spool. Tension may now be added to cable by moving *handle* toward stop pawl."

"Leave lever in pull position - next, depress *handle of drive pawl* with your thumb and move *handle* toward stop pawl located in the housing. This momentarily disengages the stop pawl."

Vielen Dank im Voraus.
Ingo Dierkschnieder
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:31

Discussion entries: 8


Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search