KudoZ home » English to German » Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)

centred trapping

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
15:55 Mar 8, 2008
English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts) / Druck, Überfüllen
English term or phrase: centred trapping
Es geht mir um die Abgrenzung der Begriffe "trapping", "centred trapping", "choke" und "spread".
The main ink-trapping options that are used to prevent small gaps appearing between different blocks of colour are spread, choke and centred trapping. Most ink traps use spreading whereby the lighter object is made larger to spread into another darker one. Choke can also be used to reduce the size of the aperture that an object will print in, and centred trapping uses a combination of enlarging the object and reducing the aperture by the same amount.
Sonja Häußler
Local time: 00:57


Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search