KudoZ home » English to German » Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
16:39 Mar 16, 2008
English to German translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts) / Hochdruck
English term or phrase: spool
A spool is used to collect type in a monotype keyboard, while comp is an abbreviation of compositor, the person that composes type to put on a page.
Sonja Häußler
Local time: 10:43

Summary of answers provided
Hans G. Liepert



1 hr   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5

Könnte es die Lochenstreifen-Spule sein, die beim Monotype-Satz als Medium zwischen Schrifteingabe und dem Letterngiessen dient?

Hans G. Liepert
Local time: 10:43
Native speaker of: Native in GermanGerman
PRO pts in category: 16
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search