Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|This question was closed without grading. Reason: Answer found elsewhere|
|English to Greek translations [PRO]|
Medical - Medical (general)
|English term or phrase: isothiocyanates|
|Cancer-protective substances in foods include the following: |
• allyl sulfide: onions, garlic, chives, leeks
• carotenoids: yellow-orange vegetables and fruits; green, leafy vegetables; red fruits
• curcumins: turmeric
• flavonoids: in most fruit, vegetables, grains and nuts
• gingerols: ginger
• Indoles and isothiocyanates: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts
• Isoflavones: soybeans, tofu
• Lignans: soybeans, flax seed
• Liminoids: citrus
• Phenolic acids: berries, grapes, nuts, whole grains
• Phthalides and polyacetylenes: carrots, parsnips, parsley, coriander, cilantro
• Phytates: grains, legumes
• Saponins: beans, herbs
• Terpenes: cherries, citrus, herbs
Looking at the brief list above, the reader can understand how consuming vitamin and multivitamin pills fails to meet the needs of the body, as such products do not contain a host of important components and complexes available only from whole, natural, raw, pure foods.
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations