KudoZ home » English to Italian » Computers (general)

clews and jams

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
10:03 Jul 8, 2007
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to Italian translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Computers (general)
English term or phrase: clews and jams
Actually they're two separate messages I have in a medical instrument software. I have no reference at all only the two words "Clews" and "Jams".
They appear after the message "What software is being updated?" but I don't thing it's connected at all.
Any idea what they mean? Are they names of software? Or the means something like "Intasamenti" e "Blocchi"?

Any kind of suggestion is welcome
Bruno Capitelli
Local time: 20:36

Summary of answers provided
3inceppamento/ingorgo (jam)
Elena Favero

Discussion entries: 1



3 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5
inceppamento/ingorgo (jam)

caro Bruno,

ho trovato solo jams, a spero ti possa aiutare dato che cmq è collegato agli elaboratori...per clew purtroppo non trovo nulla apparte gomitolo e raggomitolare..

[ELAB] inceppamento; ingorgo
In punched-card equipment, a feed malfunction causing blockage of passages with crumpled cards.

Note added at 4 ore (2007-07-08 14:08:22 GMT)

Evidence that helps to solve a problem

Elena Favero
Local time: 20:36
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in ItalianItalian
PRO pts in category: 4
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search