Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
English to Italian translations [PRO] Medical - Medical (general)
English term or phrase:utility nurse
Duties of the "Utility" or "Circulating" Nurse: The "utility" nurse should be within easy access to the instrument and suture nurses throughout the entire operation. She should not leave the room for any reason while the operation is in progress. Some of the duties for which she is responsible are as follows:
1. Wait upon the "scrub nurse," furnishing her with additional supplies, hot saline, etc.
2. See that all necessary supplies are on hand and prepare as far as possible for the next case.
3. Keep the operating room in order the floor mopped, sponges picked up, etc.
4. Collect, label, and dispose of specimens.
5. Keep the sterilizer filled with boiling water.
6. Adjust the suction apparatus, cauery, etc.
7. Prepare the scrub sinks, brushes, and dishes for the next case
Il testo che ho riportato l'ho preso da un sito Internet, ma nella mia traduzione compare nel contesto di un'apparecchiatura per criochirurgia ( in un elenco senza contesto).