KudoZ home » English to Japanese » Automotive / Cars & Trucks

tension bow

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
18:25 Mar 8, 2007
This question was closed without grading. Reason: No acceptable answer

English to Japanese translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Automotive / Cars & Trucks
English term or phrase: tension bow
This means a parts of a car.
Related to a converible soft roof.

Does anyone know?

Any answer will be appreciated.
Peishun CHIANG

Summary of answers provided
2(ソフトトップ) ルーフフレーム
Nozomi Kugita



2 days 20 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 2/5Answerer confidence 2/5
(ソフトトップ) ルーフフレーム

I don't actually know what it is officially called. With some convertibles, you need to detach this "ルーフフレーム" which is connected behind the rear seats, to have your car completely open.

Nozomi Kugita
United States
Local time: 00:14
Native speaker of: Native in JapaneseJapanese
Notes to answerer
Asker: The original contents use "roof frame" and "tension bow" distinctively. But thank you very much for your answer.

Asker: I will close this question, but when I found a right translation, I will put it in the glossary. Thank you for your help.

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search