KudoZ home » English to Japanese » Other



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
22:21 Jun 26, 2001
English to Japanese translations [Non-PRO]
English term or phrase: tags
need to know what the symbol looks like
Nick Tagz

Summary of answers provided
na +1札 (fuda) or タッグ (tag-gu)Sheena Daswani
Timothy Takemoto



1 hr


Timothy Takemoto
Local time: 11:21
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in pair: 121
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

10 hrs peer agreement (net): +1
札 (fuda) or タッグ (tag-gu)

Fuda is the word for tag and is used in many different fields. One typical usage is 'Aka-Fuda' which literally means 'Red-tag' and signifies bargain sales or marked down prices.
But in trend concious fields - especially in fashion - the Japanized version of the English word is often used nowadays. It would be pronounded 'Tag-gu' with the Tag sounding closer to 'Tug'. Both characters are on top. Hope that helped.

    Born and raised in Japan
Sheena Daswani
Local time: 15:21
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in JapaneseJapanese
PRO pts in pair: 3

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  J_R_Tuladhar: good answer
8 hrs
  -> Thank you!
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search