KudoZ home » English to Korean » Other



Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
21:32 Sep 19, 2000
English to Korean translations [Non-PRO]
English term or phrase: Princess
I need to find a way to say princess other then the english form "princess" please help!!

Summary of answers provided
na공주 (gong ju) or 왕녀(wang yeu)hardtype
Gene Oh



9 mins

It is pronounced as "Kong-joo-nim". The "nim" at the end of the word is an honorific form that is suitable for a third party, or an elderly. This honorific form is also used to address a pretty and cute girl. It is an expression of endearment.

Gene Oh
New Zealand
Local time: 10:12
Native speaker of: Native in KoreanKorean
PRO pts in pair: 16

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
Tina Yoo
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

144 days
공주 (gong ju) or 왕녀(wang yeu)

historically, the word mean both, princess (born in royal family) and price's woman.

Local time: 05:42
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search