Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to Polish translations [PRO]|
Other / bajki
|English term or phrase: The Man, the Boy and the Donkey|
|Czy to bajka o Mężczyznie, chłopcu i osiołku, czy o Człowieku, chłopcu i osiołku?|
Czy ktos sie natknal na jej tlumaczenie?
Oto jej skrocona wersja:
The Man, the Boy and the Donkey
A story from Turkey
1. One day a man and his son were going on a journey. The man’s son rode the donkey.
2. They passed people on the road. The people pointed at the son. "Look at that lazy boy," they said. "Fancy him riding the donkey while his father has to walk!"
3. So the son got off the donkey. The man got onto the donkey and they went on their way.
4. They met some more people. The people looked at them and said, "Look at that cruel father. He rides the donkey and lets his poor little son walk!"
5."Come and ride the donkey with me," said the man. So his son climbed on the donkey in front of him.
6. They passed some more people. This time they said, "Look at those wicked people riding on that poor little donkey."
7.“Let us get down," said the man. "Let us both walk." So they did.
8. They passed another group of people. This time the people laughed and pointed. "Look at those stupid people," they said. "They have a donkey yet they walk in the hot sun!"
9. “My son," said the man, "You have learnt today that, whatever you do, someone will find fault with you.”
|Polish translation:Ojciec, syn i osiołek|
to jest bajka o ojcu, synu i osiołku - znajdziesz w googlu.
Selected response from:
Local time: 08:48
|Serdecznie dziękuję :-)|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
4 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): +4