Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
22:49 Mar 24, 2002
English to Polish translations [Non-PRO] Tech/Engineering / turbines
English term or phrase:crowfoot hex tool or socket
Spanish is also welcome
This is from a turbine instruction manual
"Using a suitable crowfoot hex tool or socket, remove the outer gas swirl tip from the fuel nozzle body."
here goes the whole section where I took the terms from. I hope it helps!
I even asked the customer to supply the term in other Latin languages, but they don't have that!
"Fuel Nozzle Disassembly (After Pressure Test)
1. Remove the lockwire securing the outer gas swirl tip to the fuel nozzle body. On water injection nozzles also remove the lockwire from the individual water spray nozzles (if applicable).
NOTE: Later fuel nozzle assemblies use a lockplate instead of safety wire. Discard the lockplate upon disassembly.
2. Non-destructively matchmark the outer gas swirl tip to each fuel nozzle body, to prevent mixing similar parts at reassembly. See Fig. 5-14.
CAUTION: THE REMOVAL OF PARTS FROM THE FUEL NOZZLE BODY SHOULD BE DONE WITH EXTREME CARE. SMALL NICKS, SCRATCHES OR OTHER DAMAGE TO THE FLOW SURFACES AND ORIFICES CAN ALTER THE NOZZLE FLOW PATTERN AND RESULT IN UNDESIR-ABLE COMBUSTION CHARACTERISTICS. THE PARTS SHOULD BE PLACED IN CLEAN CONTAINERS AND NOT PLACED ON STEEL WORK BENCHES OR SURFACES WHERE THE PARTS MAY BE DAMAGED (WIRE BASKETS ARE ACCEPTABLE CONTAINERS). SEE FIG. 5-15.
3. Using a suitable crowfoot hex tool or socket, remove the outer gas swirl tip from the fuel nozzle body.
4. Using a suitable crowfoot or socket wrench, remove the nozzle cap from the fuel nozzle body.
5. Using the special socket wrench, remove the transition piece as-sembly from the nozzle body.
6. Remove and discard the gasket which seals between the nozzle body and the transition piece assembly. Use care in removing the gasket so a