|English to Portuguese translations [PRO]|
|English term or phrase: headline|
|I wonder if it is necessary to translate the meaning of headline in the sentence bellow:|
"Headline inflation in the US around 2%."
I simply supressed the term, tranlating it as "A inflação nos Estados Unidos está em torno de 2%." Any tips? Thanks a lot in advance.
Selected response from:
|Muito agradecido! Apesar da informada opinião dos outros colegas, fico, um tanto encabuladamente, com a minha própria tradução, referendada pelo colega. Creio que no contexto o termo "headline" tem peso mais de ênfase.|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
7 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): +1
Eu diria assim.
Headline inflation = the 'all items' index;
Underlying inflation = the inflation rate excluding mortgage costs.
Moneyextra | Glossary: UK Inflation History
Glossary: UK Inflation History Updated 10th November 2003 Key: Headline inflation
= the 'all items' index; Underlying inflation = the inflation rate excluding ...
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|8 mins confidence:
(a inflação) disseminada (nos Estados Unidos está ...)
Look at meaning number 6:
head·line (hedÆl#nÅ), n., v., -lined, -lin·ing.
Also called head.
1. a heading in a newspaper for any written material, sometimes for an illustration, to indicate subject matter, set in larger type than that of the copy and containing one or more words and lines and often several banks.
2. the largest such heading on the front page, usually at the top.
3. the line at the top of a page, containing the title, pagination, etc.
4. to furnish with a headline; head.
5. to mention or name in a headline.
6. to publicize, feature, or star (a specific performer, product, etc.).
7. to be the star of (a show, nightclub act, etc.)
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)| 16 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): +2 | |
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations