Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
21:38 Feb 21, 2009
English to Russian translations [PRO] Law/Patents - Law: Contract(s) / UN
English term or phrase:Designated institution
The designated institution recognises that [insert name of the United Nations agency] enjoys privileges and immunities under the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the Specialised Agencies, to which the Government of [programme country] became a signatory on [insert date of signature of the Convention; information available with BOM/OLPS].
1. Reference is made to consultations between officials of the [insert name of the government institution designated for the programme/project] (hereinafter referred to as "the designated institution ") and officials of the [name of United Nations agency] ("the United Nations agency") with respect to the participation of the [name of the United Nations agency] in the UNDP support to programme/project [number and title of programme/project], to be managed by the Government. The latter shall be represented for the purpose of such management by the designated institution; [name of the government institution so designated].
2. The designated institution recognises that [insert name of the United Nations agency] enjoys privileges and immunities under the Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the Specialised Agencies, to which the Government of [programme country] became a signatory on [insert date of signature of the Convention; information available with BOM/OLPS].
3. In accordance with the programme support document or project document and with the following terms and conditions, we confirm our acceptance of the services to be provided by the United Nations agency towards this programme or project. Close consultations will be held between the United Nations agency and the designated institution on all aspects of the services to be rendered as described in Attachment 1: Description of services of this letter of agreement.
4. The United Nations agency shall provide the services and facilities described in Attachment 1: Description of services of this letter of agreement.
5. The designated institution shall retain overall responsibility for the UNDP support to the programme/project and shall designate a programme/project co-ordinator [National Director or other title of this official].
6. The personnel assigned by the United Nations agency to the programme/project, and under contract with the United Nations agency shall work under the supervision of the programme/project co-ordinator. The supervisory arrangements shall be determined in mutual consultation and described in the relevant terms of reference of the personnel. This personnel shall remain accountable to the United Nations agency for the manner in which assigned functions are discharged."