Russian translation: Служба детского развития и раннего обучения (OCDEL )
Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
English term or phrase:
Служба детского развития и раннего обучения (OCDEL )
English to Russian translations [PRO] Marketing - Marketing / Market Research
English term or phrase:OCDEL
Та же программа по уходу за детьми штата Пенсильвания (США)
Provide Stable Child Care Financial Assistance to Families (Section 3)
• Pennsylvania was among the first states to implement twelve-month eligibility periods. Since December 2015, families have enjoyed longer, more stabilized periods of child care assistance, even during periods of job loss, to facilitate their quick reconnection with employment.
• Families are required to report fewer changes and there are is a limited number of circumstances under which child care assistance would end before the conclusion of the twelve-month period.
• Families experiencing homelessness or domestic violence may seek waivers for verification requirements, making the initial application process easier.
• Grandparents and other caretakers who suddenly find themselves responsible for young children can expect to receive help with child care for the duration of the twelve-month period, continuing child care assistance at a time when the child and family most need it.
• Families experiencing increases in wages can expect to remain in the program as long as their income does not exceed the threshold of 235% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. For a family of four, this means annual income of $58,985.
• Families pay only a small percentage of their income towards their cost of care.
Ensure Equal Access to Child Care for Low-Income Children (Section 4)
• Parents are in the best position to know what their children need in child care. Parent choice remains an active feature of Pennsylvania’s plan.
• Recognizing this, OCDEL has worked to build capacity for quality to make it accessible to as many children as possible. Significant investments in quality are demonstrated by improved tiered reimbursement rates for providers participating in Keystone STARS. Tiered reimbursement channels the federal dollars to the quality programs that are serving the highest number of vulnerable children.
• Tiered reimbursement helps move payment rates for providers closer to the 75th percentile of the private market.
• Through grants with the Early Learning Resource Centers, providers enrolling subsidy children can expect timely, accurate payments for their services.
• Pennsylvania recognizes it has additional work to do to improve payment rates for providers.
Establish Standards and Monitoring Processes to Ensure the Health and Safety of Child Care Settings (Section 5)
• Pre-service and annual unannounced inspections for all child care providers, including family child care home providers, have been implemented as required.