Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
To jeste jedno od mogucih znacenja ali mi se cini da ne pokriva ovo (Wikipedia): The term ground zero (sometimes also known as surface zero as distinguished from zero point) may be used to describe the point on the Earth's surface where an explosion occurs. In the case of an explosion above the ground, ground zero refers to the point on the ground directly below an explosion. 2 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
Ivan Vatovic Serbia Local time: 05:26 Works in field Native speaker of: Serbian PRO pts in category: 2
To jeste jedno od mogucih znacenja ali mi se cini da ne pokriva ovo (Wikipedia): The term ground zero (sometimes also known as surface zero as distinguished from zero point) may be used to describe the point on the Earth's surface where an explosion occurs. In the case of an explosion above the ground, ground zero refers to the point on the ground directly below an explosion.
1 day 23 hrs confidence:
Explanation: Ovaj pojam nije baš tako jednostavno prevesti u našem jeziku. Značenje koje je naveo kolega Ivan takođe je tačno, ali ovaj termin ima više značenja.
Pogledajte definiciju koju vam navodimo:
1. The target of a projectile, such as a missile or bomb.
2. The site directly below, directly above, or at the point of detonation of a nuclear weapon.
3. The center of rapid or intense development or change: "The neighborhood scarcely existed five years ago, but today it is the ground zero from which designer shops and restaurants radiate" (Robert Clark).
4. The starting point or most basic level: My client didn't like my preliminary designs, so I returned to ground zero.
Noun 1. ground zero - the target of a projectile (as a bomb or missile)
target area, target - the location of the target that is to be hit
2. ground zero - the site of the World Trade Center before it was destroyed
Greater New York, New York, New York City - the largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river; a major financial and cultural center
3. ground zero - the point of detonation (or above or below) of a nuclear weapon
point - the precise location of something; a spatially limited location; "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
Zato smatramo da bi termin mesto događaja takođe mogao da dođe u obzir zato što se izraz ne odnosi uvek na počinjanje nečega od nule, već i na tačno mesto gde se zbio neki događaj. U stvari, ovaj izraz se odnosi i na jedno i na drugo.