Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|English to Spanish translations [Non-PRO]|
|English term or phrase: aprons|
|Ranged all about this labyrinth of water are aprons of lichen-covered rock garnished with watercress.|
I would not use pista, but sendero.
Selected response from:
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Local time: 11:45
|4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer |
Personalmente, yo no me empeñaría en hacer una traducción demasiado literal y traduciría como "macizos de roca". No obstante, te adjunto una lista de definiciones del término "Apron" que pudiera serte de utilidad. Mira especialmente a partir del punto 17.
apron (n.) a·pron
1. a garment covering part of the front of the body and tied at the waist, for protecting the wearer's clothing: Example: a kitchen apron.
2. Anglican Ch. a similar garment extending to the knees, worn by bishops, deans, and archdeans.
3. a metal plate or cover, usually vertical, for a machine, mechanism, artillery piece, etc., for protecting those who operate it.
4. a continuous conveyor belt for bulk materials, consisting of a chain of steel plates.
5. (in a lathe) a part of the carriage holding the clutches and gears moving the toolholder.
6. a paved or hard-packed area abutting an airfield's buildings and hangars, where planes are parked, loaded, or the like.
7. a broad paved area used for parking cars, as at the end of a driveway.
8. Civ. Eng.
any device for protecting a surface of earth, as a riverbank, from the action of moving water.
a platform to receive the water falling over a dam.
9. the part of a stage floor in front of the curtain line.
10. Furniture. skirt (def. 6).
11. the outer border of a green of a golf course.
12. the part of the floor of a boxing ring that extends outside the ropes.
13. Also called"skirt."a flat, broad piece of interior window trim immediately beneath the sill. See diag. under"double-hung."
14. a strip of metal set into masonry and bent down to cover the upper edge of flashing; counterflashing.
15. the open part of a pier for loading and unloading vessels.
16. Naut. (in a wooden vessel) a piece reinforcing the stem on the after side and leading down to the deadwood.
17. Geol. a deposit of gravel and sand at the base of a mountain or extending from the edges of a glacier.
18. the frill of long hairs on the throat and chest of certain long-haired dogs, as the collie.
19. a structure erected around another structure, as for reinforcement or decoration: Example: a high fence surrounded by a wire apron buried in the ground.
20. to put an apron on; furnish with an apron.
21. to surround in the manner of an apron: Example: The inner city is aproned by low-cost housing.
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations